Thursday, February 13, 2014

How To Fix What Your Boyfrie-err Dryer Shrunk


There are two reasons why I am writing this post tonight.

1- Because I am super excited about this discovery and
2- Because one of my favorite gifts ever has led me to it!

Thanks to something my boyfriend got me for my last birthday, I've discovered a solution to
 "Honey, I Shrunk Your Pants......uhhh, again"

There's nothing more frustrating than putting on a freshly washed pair of pants, only to realize the hem is now above your ankles because someone threw them in the dryer.  Especially because once they're dry, there's nothing you can do about it, right??  You just have to throw them back in the wash, and start over?

 Wrong!


  

 So anyone who knows me, knows that I can't stand wrinkled clothing, and until my last birthday I ironed EVERYTHING.  Jeans, sweatpants, curtains, pillow cases.... everything.  Half the reason I'd be late to school or work was because I had to iron everything before I left the house, and when you change your outfit 10 times before you leave, that's a lot of ironing!  And as much as I hate wrinkles, I hated ironing even more.  So, last May my boyfriend got me the best gift ever.  A lot of people were like, "Are you serious? He got you what?!"  Haha, some people just didn't get it, but I was beyond excited!


 Any guesses on what it was??


That's right.  A steamer.

And today I found that this amazing little machine doubles as a shrinkage reverser.  I couldn't take pictures of how I did it, because it takes 2 hands, but it's really easy to get results like you see here....

 

And it's as simple as this:

At the same time you're steaming out those horrible devil wrinkles, pull straight down on the legs.  Umm, that's it! It's amazing.  If you need a lot of length, steam one leg at a time, pull them off the steamer, step on the ends, and pull up (like you would when you pull them out of the washer).  This worked really well on my cardigans too.  Just steam at the armpit, and pull at the wrist as you drag the steamer down the sleeve.  They stretch like bubblegum, and you get instant inches!  No more acting like your tops are meant to be quarter length (and no more wrinkles!).

If you're interested in a steamer, this is the one I have.  I absolutely love it, and it fits in my closet.  It heats up way faster than the iron, and there's no annoying ironing board to mess with.

Happy Valentine's Day Eve!

0 comments:

Post a Comment