Friday, January 31, 2014

What I found at the DOLLAR TREE for Valentine's Day!

There are 2 main reasons I do these posts.  1) To show you guys what's on the store shelves, without you having to get out of your chair, and 2) So that I get to relive my shopping day.  Some people take pictures on vacation to reminisce, I take pictures on shopping trips.
Same idea.
Don't judge me.

My Dollar Tree Finds
I have to admit, there were a couple things I was impressed by here!
Picture
Picture
They've gotten MUCH better with their bag selections!  I love Target, but you'd pay up to $4 or $5 for the same "level" of design for some of these!
Picture
These fuzzy hearts are fun.  They'd be a nice gift basket filler, and young girls might love them on their bed.  If you have small wrapped gift, you could place it in the center, and hold it all in place with some ribbon.  Basically, I thought these would be best for gift presentation purposes.
Picture
In this picture, I just wanted to show the tins they have if you're making treats for your neighbors, mailmen, or people at your office or school.  I think it's nice to think of them too :).  Make someones day!
Picture
Heart garland.
Ehh, this was ok.  Definitely a little on the "cheap looking " side.
Picture
Heart treat boxes: like plastic Easter eggs, but hearts with sayings on them
Silicone heart trays: For ice cubes or candy molds maybe
Pair of pink plastic champagne flutes: Best for kids and sparkling cider maybe
Picture
Bag of foam hearts (barely pictured, sorry): Use in various crafts, gift baskets, or as table confetti
Puffy Sparkly Stickers: I thought these were great for the dollar store!
Heart maracas: For kids obviously.  I'm not sure what else you could do with these?
Picture
Pencils and Erasers:  I thought a teacher might like to give these out?
Picture
Cardboard Heart Boxes: Ohh, the possibilities!  I used mine to hold the matching game I made.
Picture
Big Marshmallow Roses: They looked like Peeps (with the sugar on top).  Cool looking, but not my thing.
Picture
This picture is blurry.  Sorry.  I just wanted to show you guys that they have lots of table setting decor!
Picture
Balloons on a stick.  Frogs, Monkeys, Bears, and Hearts.
Picture
More treat boxes.  I bought one from the bottom shelf.  They were too cute to pass up.  I made mine into a gift idea for your roommate.  Stay tuned for that!
Picture
Can you tell yet that I was being super fast and sneaky with my picture taking??  The employees were watching me like a hawk lol.  I wasn't going to post this picture of the gift card holders, until I realized what was on the left of them!  These are flat little pouches that you smack with your fist on a hard surface.  That causes some kind of chemical reaction.  The whole thing starts to get bigger and bigger (and you can hear them hissing) and it goes POP!  Out comes a little balloon!
Picture
I think my littlest cousins would could a kick out out these fridge magnets!
Picture
Picture
Picture
I bought these too!  If you pack your kids (or boyfriend's/hubby's) lunch, these would be perfect!  You could use them for treat bags too?
Picture
Palmer chocolate bars
Picture
Magic towels?  I've never seen them before.  I'm sure the quality isn't much better than a paper towel, but might be a fun addition for you Disney lovin' kid :).
Picture
These were one of my favorite finds.  These candles actually smell pretty good, almost like dessert!.  You could light a few if you are having Valentine's dessert at home, or include one in your gift to someone.  They had tiny ones too.  I just think they'd look so cute on a table decorated for Valentine's Day!  Check out Kohls and Target for place mats and table runners!  They had some great ones!
Picture


Remember these?  I used to LOVE slap bracelets!
Picture


Ok, going off topic for a sec (although you could include these in a gift with nail polish and such).  When I saw these, I thought OMG.. Fairy dust!!  If the Tooth Fairy is visiting your kids, her fairy dust (sprinkled on the window sill or dresser?) may change colors depending on the color shoes/dress/wand she is carrying that night??   Or maybe she "accidentally" left if behind.  Just a thought :)
Picture
Picture
Picture
Nail Files: For your daughter or friend.  Add a bottle of nail polish, a Valentine, and put it in one of those boxes I posted above.

Picture
I thought this puppy paw print paper was adorable.  Maybe for a "puppy love" gift?  Or, if you know someone who got a new puppy, this wrapping paper might go well with a gift idea I posted in mygift basket section.

Picture
These are supposedly handmade cards.  They were adorable, and I was surprised to find them at the dollar store.  You'll need to come up with something good to write in them though (and you should anyway!), because the sayings in them are very...well, dollar store.
Picture
Picture



Picture
Picture
Strawberry Shortcale Pez Dispenser: Pink? Check.  Candy? Check.
Picture
Looking at this now, maaaaaybe I could've taken a different, less suggestive, picture angle when I took this one ;).  These red glittery battery operated tea lights (also come in silver) are great for setting the mood, and keeping things safe!

Here is a video where Bethany Mota used battery operated tea light candles in her DIY project:  (if you don't want to watch the whole video, skip to 6:19)

Picture

0 comments:

Post a Comment