Thursday, January 16, 2014

Alex and Ani

Today I thought I'd share a little gift idea that's extra special to me.

My boyfriend and  I recently made the scary decision to move from Pennsylvania, to Texas.  It was the hardest decision either one of us has ever made.  Although we had previously agreed we were ready for a change, we weren't anticipating on moving almost 1,700 miles from our friends and family.

Needless to say, there were lots and lots of tears when we said our "goodbyes" (well I refused to say goodbye... it was more like 'see ya on Thanksgiving!').  We knew we were making the right decision; we had a really great opportunity given to us.

 As excited as we were for our new adventure..... we were freaking out.  We've never been so far away from our families.  Could we handle that?  Will this be worth it?  Are we going to be able to handle each other, now that it's just going to be the 2 of us?!  He had a job lined up, but I didn't?  How's that going to work?

Anyway, the night before our flight to Texas, we stayed with one of my very best friends, Leah,  who graciously agreed to take us to the airport in the morning. We got there pretty late, but she insisted she still make us dinner.  She's adorable.

After we ate, chit-chatted, and held back some tears, we went to bed.  When I turned on the light in her guest room, and shut the door, I saw this:
Picture
Like I said.... she's adorable.
(I waited until morning to open it, but I sent her a text in the next room to tell her I saw it, and wanted to wait and open it in front of her)

So, the next morning......I wanted to throw up lol.  Not only do I HATE flying, but I was moving to TEXAS?!  Are you kidding me?!  This is real??  Can't I change my mind?  I like my home.  I want my Mom :( 

...But when I opened Leah's gift, it made me feel so much better.  It was just what I needed. I couldn't believe how appropriate it was...
Picture
...especially because I LOVE Alex and Ani.  
So, the purpose of this post isn't just to brag about what an amazing friend I have ;), but to encourage you guys to do something unexpected and meaningful for someone else.  It will honestly change their day, and if need be, maybe even their outlook.  I wear this bracelet all the time, even if it doesn't match the rest of my jewelry that day.  In fact, I'm looking at it right now.  I love it, and I look at it a lot when I'm having a bad day, or just homesick.  It makes me feel better, and it makes me think of my best friend. 

She done good <3  
*Go here to learn more about Alex and Ani jewelry, and where you can purchase it.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment