Friday, January 24, 2014

Holiday Hostess Ideas

*This post is transferred form my other domain.  So it's a few weeks old ;)

I hope everyone had a great Christmas!  Next up: New Years!

If you are attending a New Years party this year, here are a few gift ideas you might want to consider for your generous host or hostess :).

Beverage Related
I think these are neat.  They allow you to walk around the party while carrying your wine and appetizers in one hand.
Picture
(Set of Four)
These guys are a little more on the pricey side, but they are totally appropriate for the occasion (and ship FREE!).
Picture
Because every girl needs a little kate spade in her life...
Picture
These are so popular right now, and would make a great inexpensive hostess gift!
Picture
Another simple and useful gift for keeping their wine chilled.
Picture
If you've been following me lately, you may have seen my post about this cork trivet here.  It's super inexpensive, and a perfect addition to a gifted bottle of wine.
Picture
These coasters would be a cute addition to another drink related gift.  To make it easy, find a small basket, add filler, bottle of wine/champagne/liquor, and coasters.  You could add an inexpensive wine stopper too.
Picture
A double dose of trendiness!
Picture
I'm obsessed with Alex and Ani bracelets, so when I saw they make wine charms, I had to share them with you!  These would also make a great addition to a bottle of wine or champagne.
Picture


These just seemed cool.  I know nothing about martinis, and I don't like olives... but I posted this anyway just in case it could spark someones interest :).
Picture


These are good for couples, and I personally like the idea of drinking beer out of this instead of a bottle or solo cup ;).
Picture
Snack Related
If you're bringing an appetizer (or dessert) to the party, you could buy a fun platter to put the food on, and have them keep it.  These ones are fun for girlfriends.
Picture
A lot of people like to put out different cheeses when they're entertaining guests.  I thought these were really cute, and perfect for your cheese loving hostess.
Picture
Ok, this is new to me, and I LOVE the concept!  It makes or keeps your bread warm, and can be used for tortilla shells too. You can wrap this bread warmer with either wrapping paper, or a new (quality) cloth napkin and ribbon.
Picture

DIY
Gifts
Click here to see how to make your own tea bags!  What a cute idea!
Picture
*image from Martha Stewart.com
A nice homemade treat always makes a nice gift, especially if you add a few inexpensive extras.  A little ribbon and spoon goes a long way as far as presentation goes!
Picture
*image from MarthaStewart.com
Breakfast Basket

I LOVE this idea!  Putting together a basket full of muffins, bagels, K cups, and other breakfast items is a super thoughtful gift idea for someone who is throwing a party the night before. 
Picture
*image from MarthaStewart.com
Personalized Coffee Mugs

This could go in your breakfast basket if you so choose to make one ;).  I've recently done the sharpie technique on some cheap mugs I found at HomeGoods, and they were a huge hit!  Make sure you read up on the technique before you go for it.
Picture
*image from Pinterest

Misc
Easy Peasy gift idea!  These products would be greatly appreciated this time of year too.
Picture
This game is great for dinner parties where the guests might not all know each other that well.  There are many different versions too.  I've actually played it before, and it was a really great ice breaker!  See some of my other picks for games to bring to a dinner party here.
Picture
A jewel in every candle!  I like these surprise candles, because it's 2 gifts in one.  After burning them for a short while, you're able to reveal a special charm inside.  The cool part is knowing that each charm has an estimated value of anywhere from $10 to $450!  A select few have jewels inside that are worth about $10,000!  Crazy, huh?
Picture
Happy New Year everyone!  Have fun and be safe!
Picture

0 comments:

Post a Comment